View Single Post
Career Officer
# 1334
12-19-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
I think I see a pattern here.

One side claims that, all other factors being in working order, skittles would not detract too much from damage/success.

The other side claims that no, skittles are ineffective and bad, because they almost always are an indication of the other problems present.

I think everybody generally agrees, here, but some are curious what the overall effect is of skittles vs non-skittles, if the ship is flown "correctly" other than that.
Trouble is I don't think I've ever really seen an effective skittle/rainbow boat. They almost always have trouble taking down whatever they're shooting at without assistance, explode frequently, and then pretty much fly back in and repeat the exact same thing that sent them to respawn oblivion a few moments prior. They can be quite a menace too sometimes - fly in, get everything's attention, and then explode leaving everyone else to clean up their mess.

I've heard the argument, in Zone Chat, that equiping multiple weapon-types is more effective than using a single-type as the "enemies shields can't adapt to them all".
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.