View Single Post
Captain
# 4
12-19-2012, 09:25 AM
My question is why are you doing it in the first place? Authoring I mean.

Granted, I author missions to tell stories and I like sharing that. But, what are you after? Tips? Your name in lights or something? I could understand if you wanted to facilitate people doing the fast repeatable, but, that's not how the system is intended so I doubt it will stay that way for long. It's a faulty goal.

I understand your frustration with how the mechanics have changed, but, I think this is a problem of perspective on the issues here. It's kind of obvious that a goal of these changes was to curb the behavior of just getting the rewards fast and cheap while still having something so people can get story too. Rather than just get the reward, or only get a story, cryptic is looking here to make it so people can get both rather than a system that still limits one or the other. They want to make it so people can validly spend time in the community authored content as a section of the game.

If you can give me a better run down of what you want to accomplish and what it means to you to be an author, maybe we can figure something out. But right now, I guess I just don't see where your coming from.