View Single Post
Commander
# 75
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ames1 View Post
Date/Time: Dec 19 / 7:27pm PST
Issue: 'Rewind' (Char keeps teleporting back to previous location when doing the Winter Race), Disconnect, UI unresponsive.
Tried US Proxy ON and OFF makes no difference for me. Rebooted system makes no difference either.
Issue Started: Dec 18 at night. It got worst today (Dec 19) and it is almost unplayable now. I have been trying to get my daily race done but I have to repeat 8~10 times before I can finish due to the 'rewind' issue. I keep going out of bound without knowing.

This is very frustrating. The only blessing is I can at least login unlike some other users on this thread. Please fix this.
What you're describing is called "rubberbanding", which is caused by the server and client being momentarily out of sync and your character being returned to the point at which the server last recorded its location. Usually, it's caused by sporadic network latency.

What are your traceroute and nettest results? Determining those is covered in the sticky at the top of this sub-forum titled "Diagnosing Lag and Rubberbanding".

I'm willing to guess that there might be some significant lag at a point or two in that trace.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting