View Single Post
Captain
# 12
12-20-2012, 08:06 AM
I was giddy over the changes that let you double up on A2B but I've realized that it's not really as OP as I thought it would be. I certainly don't think A2B builds are dominating PvP.

I think people are tossing out "It only takes a few doff slots" out there a little too lightly. This, by itself, is huge.

If you've ever run it, you should know that you have to run 2 copies. There aren't a lot of ships that can do that without giving up a Ltc slot for it, which is doing it wrong. So we're talking Cruisers.

Tac
Tac, Tac

Eng Eng Eng Eng
Eng Eng Eng

Sci Sci

Every ship has 12 abilities (yes BoPs be quiet OCTD), and if you told me you could get all of them to global I would say that's OP. But you only get 10 because 2 of them are A2B.

Tac
Tac, Tac

Eng X Eng Eng
Eng X Eng

Sci Sci
Even if you run EPTA and have some juice in your Aux tank your heals are going to be pretty much a wash because they'll come up faster but be weaker. I do think a low power HE for the cleanse with better uptime will be increasingly attractive in an age of HYT Plasma, so yeah that's a plus for the build.
Tac
Tac, Tac

Eng X Eng Eng
Eng X Eng

Sci Sci
A Tac is going to get the Tac abilities at global anyway (dead Aux so no healers for you, Tac captains only need apply), so we're really talking about 2 or 3 abilities at global while TI is down which otherwise wouldn't be.
Tac
Tac, Tac

Eng X Eng Eng
Eng X Eng

Sci Sci
2xEPTx at global is common, you're going to run that in a cruiser anyway so nothing special here.
Tac
Tac, Tac

Eng X Eng Eng
Eng X Eng

Sci Sci
Which leaves the 3 top Eng abilities. Here's the whole reason you run this. EWP, perma. RSP at global. Plus 1 more, probably DEM. If you have a problem with perma EWP eating you, yell at drunk. One person murderfacing you with a build doesn't mean it's the build.

So the idea to make this apply only to Eng powers is kind of senseless. Tacs will still have TI, and still get the 3 tac-buffable abilities that are the entire purpose of running this.

But really, do you still think it's OP? Try it out. It boxes you into a very small selection of boff layouts, hamstrings burst healing, and takes 3 doffs and 2 boffs. A cruiser is going to be left without Aux2Sif, so only a watered down HE and maybe ET sharing global with TT for hull heals.

You get 3 high level Eng powers at global (instead of two if you dropped Aux2Batt and just doubled up), Tac abilites at global while TI is down, and weaker heals more often.

Yes, you get power in the other 3 subsystems too, but that's aside from the cd that seems to have people bent out of shape, and we all know nobody ran this before Tech doffs, so be real.

Like I said, drunk has made this shine, so if he's the one stomping a mud hole in your pug-made, sorry it ain't the build it's him.

Now there may be one true secret to real ultimate OP A2B, but I'm not sharing just yet because exchange prices are still ridiculous and I'm not even sure if it will work. I told drunk about it the other night, though. So if you find that I'm the one dominating the arenas you can be sure it's OP because in that case it won't be any talent on the part of the pilot.