View Single Post
Captain
# 19
12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post

Or compare it to the chance based Doffs that are needed to just drive the EPTx cooldowns down, or the number of attack pattern doffs needed for the same effect on just attack patterns, or the number of energy weapon Doffs to reduce BO cooldowns, or the number of Tac doffs needed to reduce cannon ability cooldowns. Yet, Tech doffs effect ALL Boffs not just a few.

I agree it can be fun to fly, but that doesn't mean I can't see how out of whack it is compared what else is out there.
except it makes the "chance based doff for emergency power cooldown" useless because this is a sure thing every time its used.

also, when there is a doff power that is so far reaching it leaves little room to introduce new doffs.

take the team cooldown doff before it was split into 3.

maybe they need to introduce 2 new boff power-

currently we have aux to batteries. it takes from aux and gives power to the other systems.

why not have boff powers that do that but take power from other systems? example- for science take from engines or weapons, and for tactical take from shields or engines.

then make the aux to battery affect only engineer powers and then make the 2 new powers effect their respective trees- the science one would effect science, the tactical one would effect tacitcal.

and then of course whatever power is drained from would boost the other subsystems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?