View Single Post
Career Officer
# 12
12-21-2012, 12:32 PM
It's not so much the change in shield heals that has people riled up, but rather Cryptic's poor handling of the change. We will never know with absolute certainty whether or not ~1000 shield heals per 6 seconds was overpowered or not, because that's not what we actually got in the first place.

Now if we had actually gotten a chance to see how ~1000 per 6 seconds actually worked, and the resulting majority feedback from players suggests a reduction in shield heals is needed, then I would be in favor of that change, even if it ultimately results in the lower number we have now.

What we have here is a case of Cryptic listening to poor and inaccurate feedback about this passive and taking the wrong steps to correct the problem. It was a bugged passive granting regeneration every second instead of every 6 seconds. Before considering a reduction in healing, the interval at which this ability was activating should have been the only thing fixed. Then that would allow the player base to accurately judge whether or not a reduction in shield heals is really needed.

Personally, I think ~1000 per 6 seconds would still be a tad bit OP, and would like to see the value adjusted to around 700-800 per 6 seconds. It wouldn't be as powerful, but it wouldn't be as ineffective either.
@HyperLimited

Last edited by hypl; 12-21-2012 at 12:37 PM.