View Single Post
Captain
# 3
12-22-2012, 06:37 PM
It's an interesting topic for debate. I think you're right to point out that some of us veterans are set in our ways on certain ways that we've learned to do things. However, I don't really view your solution as a solution for a number of reasons.

1. I need access to the props available on an outdoor ground map. For example, right now I'm building a spooky interior for a zombie mission. Here is what I've done in about half an hour:

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...2/exterior.jpg

I'm using the top of a building as the floor, as well as sides of buildings as walls. Only the generic ship wall prop is available for interiors, unless I've not noticed that buildings are suddenly available for props in interiors.

For me, it has become essential to use buildings as interior pieces. There are just so many things we can do with them that we can't do without them inside of interiors. I also like having access to nature props, in case I want my interior to be a spooky cave. And I'm just so sick of those platforms and 3 types of walls, etc. I need the buildings and the ground props.

2. On your two problems with ground maps: a. There are many maps without sound. I'd rather hunt for one than try to map out the negative space of an interior. b. The horizon is easy to disguise.

3. The ground maps are much, much larger than the interiors, for the most part. With 475 props, I need the extra space. Granted, I've never tried to build on the set that you suggest for reasons 1 and 2.

4. Lastly, I don't really trust making a map on a part of a map that isn't designed to be part of the map. That's probably just my own paranoia about some season change instantly breaking my mission. Building in the sky just feels safer to me.

Interesting topic for debate. Thanks for posting it.

Last edited by kirksplat; 12-22-2012 at 08:46 PM.