View Single Post
Captain
# 1365
12-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
I'm driving a Bird of Prey, NOT a supercruiser, I need teammates who can draw aggro while I work, not teamies who don't pay attention to what's going on so thoroughly that they blow the mission.

The ONLY time "normal" tactics work, is when your team is doing 8k or more DPS per member, on a near constant-on basis, with spikes into the 30-50k range. If you have even ONE player who isn't jackhammering lots of supercrits, it doesn't work-most players don't have 3-5 MkXII (purple)consoles feeding MkXII (acc)(CritDx2) dual heavy cannons running CRF1,2,3, BO3 and HYT with appropriate DoFFs and constant-on APO and APD, WITH the Tac Fleet boost AND the Omega Graviton passive, AND Plas Leech or Fed Equivalent, with Weps on 125.

Hell, most players don't seem to be aware that power settings can be preset, reset, or altered.

IF you're on Elite, AND your team isn't doing the most DPS it can, you do NOT blow a cube before the Probes are down...period. Two players with adequate builds are NOT ENOUGH to get the Optional, if you have Puggies having trouble with Borg Bops, then you NEED to re-think the idea (promoted most often by the nerfed, super-easy "normal" STF's) that you can roll-stomp the three cubes faster-enough to make the mass-spawn NOT happen.
1: change ships for pugs, which is more self supporting, pugs will be pugs, and if you need them to help you too much, you will have many bad experiences

2: what do you mean "normal" tactics? a team with everyone doing 3k constantly, will be able to finish with the usual tactics (10%, mrrmll etc.) without any problems.

3: 2 players with adequate builds are more than enough to get the opt, if the rest of the team know what to do, and atleast they try to do that (though again, I dunno what is an adequate build in your eyes, I am thinking around 5k dps, correct me if I am wrong)

also, just because I have been offing a bit lately, here is a fail from me

me and two friends decide to check something out in ISE. we didnt get 2 other ppl, so we just decide to pug them. I say me and the other guy goes to right, the rest handle left. it would have been easy, if someone didnt start the phone I accidentally blown up one of the generators on the right, and as this wasnt our plan, we failed the optional.

however the pugs cant really complain (and my friends already know what happened), since we still finished with more than 8 on the clock