View Single Post
Ensign
# 9
12-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Dude, if you want to use that boat, then go for it and learn to use it as is. There may be "better" in terms of raw stats, but if you learn to use it with all its disadvantages, then that make *you* a better player.

Which should be the goal for any game
Appreciate that. So many people tend to min/max to the end and even if something is 1% less then the top, it's considered garbage.

Not to say I'm not taking anyone's advice. I truely am. In the end, I may wind up just getting it and seeing what I can do with it. I didn't reread my first post so not sure if I made this clear or not - but I'm not much of a PvPer. And by not much I mean, never. I have never been one for PvP and the only game i actively PvP'd on was Warhammer (I miss my Warrior Priest)

What I am seeing is alot of the same thing I did when I considered buying a Galaxy-X. Alot of people had alot of negatives to say about the beast, but in the end, I went ahead and got one. Set it up like a beam boat and a tank and am damn proud of it.

When it comes down to it, I suppose my main problem is I like certain aesthetics of ship classes but can't figure out if it would be decently functional or not.

The PvE in this game isn't too challenging so I suppose the "Anything'll do" answer will crop up eventually - but I would still like to be able to pull my weight in the end.

Guess that's all I got for now. I really do appreciate any and all advice given thus far. From everyone. This is why I come here for my questions - you folks are knowledgeable.