View Single Post
Captain
# 1370
12-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
1: change ships for pugs, which is more self supporting, pugs will be pugs, and if you need them to help you too much, you will have many bad experiences

2: what do you mean "normal" tactics? a team with everyone doing 3k constantly, will be able to finish with the usual tactics (10%, mrrmll etc.) without any problems.

3: 2 players with adequate builds are more than enough to get the opt, if the rest of the team know what to do, and atleast they try to do that (though again, I dunno what is an adequate build in your eyes, I am thinking around 5k dps, correct me if I am wrong)

also, just because I have been offing a bit lately, here is a fail from me

me and two friends decide to check something out in ISE. we didnt get 2 other ppl, so we just decide to pug them. I say me and the other guy goes to right, the rest handle left. it would have been easy, if someone didnt start the phone I accidentally blown up one of the generators on the right, and as this wasnt our plan, we failed the optional.

however the pugs cant really complain (and my friends already know what happened), since we still finished with more than 8 on the clock
2) I was referring to habits from the "Normal Difficulty" version of the mission-esp. the "Rush to blow the cubes in order" habit (which WORKS in Cure Space Normal-the spawn's never big or aggressive enough to require any thought whatsoever-it's beatable with story-mission-builds).
"Cure Normal" see?

3)agreed-to a point. I WAS exaggerating a bit (still pretty growly), about 3K DPS at AVERAGE should work-5 is better, but that's usually PvP builds, with spike damage going up over ten grand on average (which is more realistic...Blue MkXI consoles feeding purple XII's OR Plas Leech on an all XI build can get that without much difficulty...I can get that on my B'rel when she's out of cloak if I time my buffs right...on a non optimized Engie toon.) The problem I saw in that mission had to do with ONE High-DPS fed (who zippered the middle), a new Klink in a cruiser (decent damage, but slower reactions-I think he/she was a sci but I won't swear to it), two players whose damage rates were truly BAD..and me.

I think the Sci was running a build better suited for healing, DPS was about average for what I see from Feds in Assault Cruisers and the build was pretty beam-heavy, he/she could hold one lane pretty well and I didn't have to help much,but I DID have to help-but the two low-damage Feds were overwhelmed by Birds of Prey, and every time I got CLOSE to a cube-within 10KM, it woke up and "noticed" me. there's not a lot of tanking you can do in ANY Bird of Prey-it's kind of good I had two slots of Hazards and two copies of APO.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."