View Single Post
Career Officer
# 4
12-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Heh, 'out of principal' ?

Currently I have no way to fail, which defeats the entire purpose of the mission (as well as the illusion) but this mission is for me to train, and test ship builds. Let the others rage if they feel the need to.

I think I could build in an unmentioned objective using a common NPC spawn but I wanted to try tying it to the actual convoy I set up first, but I'm more curious as to how I can get an NPC's to trigger events.

I've already posted the mission for personal testing of the patrol system, but a non-failing mission isn't much of a challenge.
You could make the greatest foundry mission ever and there'd be some rage about it, good for you it's not worth worrying about. It's hard to take a rating seriously under a system that allows players to pick up your mission, drop it, and rate it without playing it for even 60 seconds anyway.

Using NPCs to trigger events could be useful in a few ways. I'm looking at the patrol waypoint implementation as we speak and they have no state info of their own. I think the foundry could handle this as an additional feature of the waypoints, I suppose by making it possible to select them as a 'component reached' like many other objects. No idea how hard that would be to implement, but I think it would be a good addition to the patrol mechanic.

I agree with you that a mission that cannot be failed is not a real challenge.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.