View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 7
12-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
No, it's not. Not in the least. I was running through ESTFs with mk X green gear and doing fine in a cruiser. It was an AC mind you, and I had specced it's abilities towards dealing damage, so I wasn't as tanky as I could be, but this class is far from pointless, and I personally think your thoughts in 49-50 being too hard is largely due to inexperience.

But you will find that many players who level a toon from 1-50 will stumble their first time through, but after a while will get used to it. Then when they do another toon, it's piss easy. If you are well geared (mk X or mk XI green, heck even white works fine), and know what to do, you can basically run ANY ESTF, fleet event, ANY end game content and do fine. You won't excel of course until you get geared up, but you should be fine.

Look at it this way: most mk XI equipment is only 10-15% weaker than mk XI equipment of the same quality. I personally still run mostly mk XI blue because it's cheap, easy to get, and only 10% less effective than it's mk XII counterpart. And I do fine in most STFs, and if I don't do fine, it's because I screwed up, not my ship.

Remember, gear is only 25% of a ship's performance. 50% is the player. 20% is the ship itself and it's BOff setup/DOff setup, and 5% is dumb luck (I blame your invisible pakled BOff).

I know for a fact I can run through an ESTF in mk IX WHITE gear and survive and not drag the team down. I did it a lot until I got what I needed to up my gear. So sorry to say, the gap is not as large as you would want us to believe.
You are an experienced player, so you are already levels above me .

You know the gear, know the loadouts, know the stf's.

A fresh level 50 player doesn't know any of these things

There is a gap and you are glossing right over it in your post. Given how easy it was to get to 49. You may be saying I am a bad player, you may be right. I placed usually top or 2nd from top in the stf's pre 50 so most players levelling with me are probably under your definition in this case.

As far as engineers go, the last poster before you said tanks were not often needed, so are you saying different? Else what have you done to counter the remark except say how good you personally are?