View Single Post
Captain
# 69
12-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
So the way I see it , PVE needs to exist in it's own universe , and PVP needs to exist in it's own universe .
Separate skills , possibly separate weapons & ships .
I disagree with this wholeheartedly. Don't you dare suggest this. Next think you know we're going to have PvP starbases that you have to pay for when it gets trashed, ships that disappear upon death and you have to buy them again, and then... then... it will become EVE!!!!

I am exaggerating of course, but everything about that sounds like a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Actually I disagree w/you here totally .
STO's ground PVP is one of those early Cryptic "miracles" that they have yet to find a reason to screw up . It is actually balanced , it is actually playable , and as such it is not ruled by premades (all that much) .

See , I may fear a "Panda" or a "TSI" player in space , but on ground ... , if I face them w/ my Sci , I know that they can have only two powers to disable me .
And if they don't have that ... , may the Prophets help them .
I agree with this to an extent. When players are using RPG vs. Shooter mode, the advantage always goes to RPG because he has access to all of his powers, while in Shooter, not so much.

Aside from that major Gripe, yes, Ground PvP can be rather amusing.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.