View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 1382
12-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Ooh, that was a tough one. Just a tip, so that you don't get caught out like this next time: you can check your ping by typing "/netgraph 1" into the chat (no quotes). Change the '1' to a '0' to remove the display.

Also, torps on the front are perfectly fine, and simply a matter of opinion, but aft torps, not so much, since turning to fire rear torps takes time away from your forward cannons. Just sayin'
thanks for the tip.

as for the aft torp; I agree with you in principle, but I noticed while playing KASE that I had to chase the probes down more often, and I would find myself with no targets in my forward arc, with fresh probes emerging behind me. So, I pop my aft torp spread, hit evasive, spin round and outrun the torps so they end up hitting hull by the time they get to the target...I don't know if it's optimal dps, but the timing feels good, yanno? besides, if my DOFFS & powers hit right, I can *sometimes* hit them with 2 volleys that way. It comes in handy when I have to veer off from Donatra to keep a safe distance, too.

Different strokes an all that