View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
12-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I don't think a reskin could save it from my scorn tbh. I personally believe the Odyssey looks magnificent. And it not only looked amazing, it is an amazing ship. She looks modern, can hurt like HELL, and can take one hell of a beating.

Then they took this 200 year old piece or junk, and made it have a better version than her larger and far more magnificent 25th century sister. Insulting to me. Oh wells.
That fugly ass P.O.S. Oddy was garbage the second the free version went live. If Cryptic had done a proper job of actually verifying the entries like they said they were they won't have found out that the oddy is actually a rip-off of someone else's work and was never a valid contest entry. No not saying it was a rip-off of my work and no I won't post a link to prove it because I'm tired of everyone being lazy and not doing research for themselves.

Now as far as the Excelsior being 200 years old, there's a VERY simple reason why it is still a very viable ship in the current time frame. The Excelsior was an experimental prototype. The engineers that designed it had no solid way to know exactly the amount of strain that the ship would be dealing with so they VERY VERY heavily over designed it. I definitely agree with the others thou that it could use the option of a more modern design.