View Single Post
Ensign
# 6
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Stardate: 84012.78 (one hour before midnight, December 31, 2409)

Markus stood next to the window, holding a glass flute of champagne as he waited for the new year to ring in. He was reviewing his thoughts about what happened during the last year.

"Penny for your thoughts?" A subtle voice asked him, Markus turned to look at the woman standing next to him. She wore a dress uniform with a black skirt that went halfway down her legs. Her blue skin shined from the light coming from the nebula.

"I don't think that my thoughts are worth just a penny, Mirra." He responded, causing the woman to smile.

"No they're not." she turned herself to face the window, looking out towards the nebula they were monitoring, "So what is on your mind?"

"Just remembering the past year. The good and the bad." He replied, leaning up against the railing. He felt Mirra's hand run across the left side of his face where the tattoo he got from the Iracis still shown deep red.

"Some bad things turn out to be good things." She remembered when he received the tattoo and went with him on his pilgrimage, as a federation diplomatic envoy. Markus gave a nod, tilting his head into Mirra's hand.

"Yes. There were some good things that came out of the bad." Markus stood a bit straighter, reaching with his free hand to Mirra's, "Some of them were closer than I expected."
Mirra smiled, looking at the clock before taking a sip of her champagne. "Well I'm glad that you found some good things to think about." She squeezed his hand as she brought it down next to her.

Markus and Mirra stood there, watching the nebula as they awaited for the count down into the new year.

"So I hear that from Earth there is a time honored tradition of starting a resolution for the New Year." Mirra stated, leaning against the young man next to her. Markus nodded to her statement, "And what would that be?"

"Something you'll have to find out." He replied, rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand.

"I look forward to finding out." Mirra gave a soft smile as the clock chimed that it was midnight. In the background, the human and Earth-born crewmates began singing Auld Lang Syne, "There is another tradition I heard from Nasera, that you kiss at midnight."

"Wouldn't want to break that tradition, now would we?" Markus leaned in and kissed Mirra as the rest of the chimes echoed around the lounge of the Kano.

Last edited by markusseikyo; 12-30-2012 at 10:24 AM.