View Single Post
Career Officer
# 10
12-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
This will always be debated to death but..

Brel = SQUISHY, VERY,

While it can drop mines/torps under cloak, if someone spots you during that opening, hits you with....

sub nuke/viral matrix/photon shockwave/emission torp/target aux/carrier pets/emergencey to aux/sensor scan/the two tachyon field detection skills/a torp salvo/gravity well/tykens rift/charged particle burst..

that brel, it can be in big trouble.. very quickly

Thats a fairly big list ^

And given the squishiness, you might just find that a torp salvo or two, might very well have that brel in pieces

yes, the tric spam bops that exist, (im ashamed to say i played with them for a bit for lols..) are easily thwarted by a pilot who doesnt panic, and has a degree of skill.

Most of my tric bombing runs failed against better pilots, its only real sucesses where against people who thing the best defence to an alpha strike in engineering team 8-)

edit:
Heck even scramble sensors will turn those bad boy mines against the bop if memory serves
For those who don't understand (and the people it bothers the most probably don't read the forums) this retrofit is based off of ST6 where General Chang fires photon torpedos from under the Enterprise while cloaked to destroy the Klingon Flag ship. He also later uses this tactic to attack the Enterprise nearly destroying it.

In retaliation Scotty and Spock outfit a "Heat Seeking Torpedo" to counter these cloaked attacks.

STO has both these available in game:

B'rel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit with its Advanced Battle Cloak

Cruiser Refit (Exeter Class) with a Universal Console, Console - Universal - Ionized Gas Sensor

The B'rel is the ONLY ship that has the Enhanced Battle Cloak and it is not a console that can be moved to another ship!

The Ionized Gas Sensor Console, however, can be moved to any ship AND this refit only costs 750 Zen. Using this console will enable you to attack ANY cloaked ship! And as we all know they have NO Shields when cloaked! Not only this but when attacked they lose the cloak and you can attack them freely after that!

I've played against the B'rel dropping the Aceton Assimilator all over the map along with mines and never leaving cloak except for the blink when they deploy these items.

In C&H this is very difficult to deal with as the AA's are devastating when you are in combat and near impossible to counter.

While I applaud people for coming up with the tactic and I'm sure it seems somewhat fun for you, it is not for others.

However, Feds you can get this console, put it on any ship you wish and use it to combat these tactics!