View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 36
01-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
you lose insane amounts of DPS from turrets at low weapon power. my turrets in an stf deal 3000 dps overall (that is your avg odyssey captain right there, only from the turrets), if I go down to minimum weapon power (63/25) I would lose half of the dealt dps. now lets say that grav wells at full aux will make up some dps too, but it wont make up 1500 dps loss (I highly doubt that it would even grant a 500 dps bonus)

also using the phasers are dps loss in themselves
For what you've written I see you're missing a couple of things:
if you buy a Vesta, you're probably using a sci captain for that, and their personal abilities (like sensor scan) depends on AUX power level. That's why using aux dhc is a must. Full stop.
Then, I do not need the turrets: I don't use them. Instead, for PvE (STFs) I use a beam array to use the subsys targeting abilities, which can become useful fighting a tac cube, so I can fire both the fore aux dhc plus the beam array which with the same power level does better dmg than a turret. Then I put only one becaue my objective is just dropping the shields of my enemy. I don't use the dhcs to kill it (most of the time), I use 2 trico mines with dispersal pattern beta II, then the console helps me dropping its shields or dropping its hull doesn't matter, and with aux at 100 (i give some extra power to my shields) I get more or less 3500 dmg per sec for 12 secs. That's not bad at all