View Single Post
Captain
# 37
01-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guglif View Post
For what you've written I see you're missing a couple of things:
if you buy a Vesta, you're probably using a sci captain for that, and their personal abilities (like sensor scan) depends on AUX power level. That's why using aux dhc is a must. Full stop.
Then, I do not need the turrets: I don't use them. Instead, for PvE (STFs) I use a beam array to use the subsys targeting abilities, which can become useful fighting a tac cube, so I can fire both the fore aux dhc plus the beam array which with the same power level does better dmg than a turret. Then I put only one becaue my objective is just dropping the shields of my enemy. I don't use the dhcs to kill it (most of the time), I use 2 trico mines with dispersal pattern beta II, then the console helps me dropping its shields or dropping its hull doesn't matter, and with aux at 100 (i give some extra power to my shields) I get more or less 3500 dmg per sec for 12 secs. That's not bad at all
sensor scan is on such a long cooldown, that you can easily time it with an aux battery, problem solved.
also, 3500 dps for 12 secs is very very low, unless you are refering to the turrets alone (in that case, it is good)

for tricobalt builds, I would not say you should not use aux, with a tricobalt build I would use the aux DHCs, I just dont like how circumstancial tricobalts are, so I just dont use them.
however even on that build I would think on how useful the aux cannons are (in this case not the aux part is questioned, but the firing arc of DHCs generally).
still, using the aux cannons on an avg dps build (DHC+turrets) is just a stupid way of losing dps