View Single Post
Captain
# 8
01-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by okkam88 View Post
Is there anything a Bortas or Bortasqu can do than a Vorcha or Ktinga can't do better? I'm coming back from a hiatus and I really like the look of the Bortas variants, but I'm just not sure if they really are worth the time/money/etc vs getting one of the Fleet Vorchas or Ktingas. I levelled in battlecruisers but the Bortas seems
more like a fed cruiser than a battlecruiser.

EDIT - My KDF guy is an Engineer.
Log on to Tribble, go to the Qo'Nos shipyard, there's a console there, (or was a while ago) whre your toon on Tribble can 'claim' a Bortasque. Take it, test-drive it.

if the ONLY STF you play is Infected, it's not bad for STFs.

everywhere else, it's basically worse than a Vo'Quv. Yes, it has enormous firepower potential-problem is, actually getting that firepower in a position to take the shot-which is where the design fails utterly. (The Vo'Quv only holds one advantage-but it's a key advantage-the ability to deploy swarms of smallcraft that CAN turn...)

remember: the only time Potential firepower COUNTS is when you can APPLY IT. The shot you couldn't take or the shot that misses, neither one matters, only the shots that HIT can do damage!

In observation: Bortas are easy meat for Feds in Ker'rat, and the few I've seen in the que'd PvP only make a positive difference when the rest of the team is built around keeping the opposition off their flanks while facing five kirking feds in slower fed cruisers.

I will reiterate: POTENTIAL firepower (peak DPS) only matters if you can actually line up the shot. when you can't, it becomes meaningless.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

A Festival of Blood and Fire!