View Single Post
Captain
# 7
01-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
since I am using all trico consoles I put 2 CrtH x3 tricobalt torps up front so I have something to do in between my mine laying every 30 secs. It hits as hard as a tricobalt mine with HY3,
Okay, but what you have to compare it to is Deployment Beta 2. If a HY3 tricobalt torpedo does as much damage as a mine, then DPB2 does 200% more damage with the same cooldown time and tactical slot. Yes, the torpedo has a better range, but the further away you shoot the slow-moving warhead the more likely that it will be shot down and the less control you have over the disposition of the target when it hits.

Quote:
It seems unimpressive if you aren't using it fully buffed up by a tac captain with all tricobalt consoles.
Meanwhile I can get good mileage out of other torpedoes as a not-tactical captain with minimal buffs and infrastructure investment. Even for juiced up tacscorts, consider how much damage a quantum launcher can do if you specialize your entire ship into being a quantum torpedo delivery platform.