View Single Post
Captain
# 22
01-03-2013, 08:24 AM
The Omega torp is overperforming hilariously with the current rommie bug/exploit/enjoy!/feature (or B.E.E.F. for short). The reload is something we're going to have to watch in order to see what speeds it up because clearly there are at least 2 ways to get it to hiccup into launching 2 or 3 times the correct number. "4 torps in the clip and 1 in the hole, Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies go cold." It's like Nate Dogg jammed 2 or 3 in in the hole instead. Unless 6 plasma dot stacks from a single TS3 is intended? "Now they popping HE it's a tad bit late, Nate Dogg and Warren G had to regulate."*

We need to make sure we're not seeing this particular gem influencing the balance discussion on these weapons. IMO that reload should not be flagged for a speed increase by anything at first until we settle in and it goes into widespread use, then maybe flag it so torp doffs affect it, then give that some time and see if we squeal about it.

I know people have called for a torp revamp based on the reload idea, and I support a "magazine based" torpedo economy if they could get it right.

Also, it's going to complicate the conversation because the first one we got comes with a burn that is radically impacted by rof and the target's ability to clear it. So the idea of a magazine based quantum or tranny is, IMO, going to perform in a drastically different fashion.

*All use of the intellectual property of 213 is without permission and poorly done. Forgive me Nate Dogg. /target Nathaniel Hale.