Recomendations for Best T5 Escort
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
01-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Till date I have't played PvP and I have no plans to do so in the next few months. Just playing storyline missions and other stuff. Looking forward to your thoughts!
I personally love my Fleet Patrol Escort.
If you look at it objectively, though, there isn't that much of a difference between Fed T5, 10-console escorts. When you take out the Aquarius, which is more of a vanity ship in my opinion (and still able to tank a Tac Cube on Elite), you'll end up with the following.
- all have ~32-34k Hull,
- all have a shield mod ~1.00
- bridge officer stations are going to be manned (except on the Prometheus) in a similar manner: TacCmdr, TacLtCmdr, mix of Tac/Sci/Eng Lts. and Ensigns.
- all have a impulse mod ~0.2
- all of them have +15 weapons power
- all of them have 4-5 tac console slots.
- same number of fwd and aft weapon slots
- all of them have a high turn-rate between 15 and 17
so in the end, the differences are minor and it's hard, if not impossible, to say which is the "best" of them. In a lab environment, where you have ships which are geared and played in the exact same way, one version might be slightly sturdier than the other, have a bit more utility or have a slightly better damage output, but in the game it won't make much of a difference.
So you might as well go with availability or whichever is aesthetically more pleasing to you...
Last edited by fraghul2000; 01-03-2013 at