View Single Post
Captain
# 27
01-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
The problem isn't the fact that they bring out effects like the Placate passive, or the KHG shield.

The problem is that they work fine in PVE. And that is how the development of new powers get passed. It works in PVE? Good. Then after weeks to months to sometimes years of complaining, that the power works in bad ways in PVP, does it get changed.

This is not a good way to design powers.

Now I'm not saying that PVP should be the only way to look at powers, skills, and so on. Just that it hurts more then it helps when you don't keep PVP in mind and make sure that the power is balanced well enough for both PVE and PVP.

A placate skill that placates when ever you Crit? And it can't be broken? Not good.

Perhaps changing it from a Passive to an Activation based power might help resolve the situation. Then it can be Subnuced off, and it will only last as long as it's duration. Say it lasts 30 seconds with a 2 minute cool down. Sure it's still going to be annoying, but at least it will be better balanced with PVP in mind.
For even more balance, make it a "Toggle" power that can be turned off with a stun instead.
And if that isn't the desire of the way the ability is supposed to work, then increase the duration of the resistance, and/or reduce the duration of the Placate.

Just my thoughts on both it and other things in general.
i think thats a great idea! also consider that people like to "activate" things themselves because it makes them feel like theyre doing something.

so.. bring on the more clicky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?