View Single Post
Commander
# 10
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Well, my own criteria when this comes up for me is the following:

1: Which ships am I using as my primary ships (immediate need for)?

2: Which ships do I have sentimental attachment to (RP or just 'favorite ship' status)?

3: Which ships which I don't have immediate need for and not attached to will I lose permanently if I discard them?

4: Which ships which I don't have immediate need for and not attached to will I be able to afford to replace without too much dilithium grinding if I decide later I want to re-purchase them.

5: Which ships which I don't have immediate need for and not attached to will I be able to reclaim later (Z-store account ships).

6: Which ships do I know I don't want to ever fly again.

In general, I will sort my ships into the above six catagories, then work from the bottom up until I have the number of slots I think I need. Also, depending on if you have multiple Z-store ships, you can opt to only have one slot for all the Z-store ships, repurchasing them and discarding them at need, though this is risking both that they keep Z-store repurchases free and that you don't get confused and sell the wrong ship and/or all its equipment.

NOTE: It may be worthwhile to keep a ship normally in the bottom pile if it has a larger number of slots (weapons, consoles, ect) as a storage space for gear than one on a higher spot, but only as long as both are not above 3. unless you are -very- certain you won't need the higher ship.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: There was some mention a while ago that the devs might bring out missions restricted by Tier of ship, similar to the Vault event, so you might want to consider holding onto or can easily obtain a ship for each Tier if you have the room to spare.

Last edited by danqueller; 01-03-2013 at 09:56 AM.