View Single Post
Captain
# 6
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I'll hold my hand up, i will refuse to fight whole heatedly in pugVpremade

Simply because its not worth trying.

If i pvp, its to see what im like compared to other players, not to be ganged up on by pvp focused players , dont get me wrong ill still try, but wont give it my all.

Im ashamed to admit on the odd occasion i get so irritated i just take my shields+deflector off and just fly into their focusfiring spam :p
before you flat out "give up" do you try to organize your pug team by saying "focus fire and stick together"? its amazing how effective a little communication can go in this game, even against "premades". not all 5 man teams from the same fleet are a premade. sometimes theyre just grouped together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
Geez, that sounds like douch bag behaviour to just sit there and watch you guys fight to the death...

I found myself yesterday ambushed almost immediately at the (re)spawn point in my brand new Steamrunner ship... felt sad as really there wasn't a chance in hell of escaping the constant barrage of hits. Regardless though, I fought as best I could.

I wish non PVPer's in general would accept challenges in space sector as sometimes I really just wanna go one to one. If ever interested PM me, it would be a great way to test my builds and meet someone new.
sadly non-pvprs have no interest in pvp. however feel free to join the organizedpvp chat channel in game, theres always plenty of people of all skill levels on there and i'm sure you could easily get a 1v1, if theres even any special requests on rules mention them too and i'm sure you'll still find people to duel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?