Thread: Lack of Content
View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 14
01-03-2013, 09:56 AM
I believe it is a lack of priority. I hear the team that was building Foundry up and moved to NW, so that leads me to think that they are indeed understaffed, otherwise they probably would have just hired a new team to do NW, or, they felt that since the original Foundry team working on STO was better fit for the job.

And, really, it don't matter how stuff is rendered. Rendering doesn't ilmit on what can/can't be used. It just means quality of the 3D image. A smart developer would store the virtual modules/components on a database, which could be transfered over with ease. Though, indeed, the issue would indeed be coding, as the coding on the Foundry server and the live server would probably be different, they'd have to 'revert' the code on the live server components to work on the Foundry.

It seems to be it all boils down to the fact that Cryptic doesn't have a particular 'pet' project. They work on one thing, to where it can practically stand on its own, and move on the next. I play their Blacklight, and its the same issue. Lots of problems that could be worked on that. They have no particular style or theme. They do it all. SciFi and fantasy, and what else they might have in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a sports game in the works, or some sort of social game.
Primary Character: Ramin
Ship: U.S.S. Versailles (Assault Cruiser: Strategic Ops/Support)
Specialty: Tactical, long range/assault