View Single Post
Captain
# 43
01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guglif View Post
Seems so, but in some builds and situations they can really help you. For instance you told me about pugs. Well, having it can be really useful when your team needs a bit of debuff. Then the beam array itself is really useful on huge targets: I can fight with both it and my front cannons and if I have aux at 100 (let's say 100) and weapons at more or less 50, a beam will undoubtly do more DPS than a turret in the same situation.
still, the problem is turning. if you turn for your beams, you pretty much lose dps from the DHCs, so in the end even if in one specific situation the beam would work better (aft), the turret overall would still dps more (unless you are talking about the tricobalt build, which is a bit different case)

Quote:
well, depends about your playstyle. For instance, I love tanking it from the beginning to the end, leaving my other teammates to the histerical spacebar pressing , but I often take it alone while the other 4 get the gate if maybe a bad-timed spread agroes it, so I really need some more aux power to tank it.
I dont think I was clear. I have the aggro from beginning to end in most of the cases. my high DPS and the 2 points in threat control (I hadnt time to respec for 6 points in there) will nearly always get the aggro for me, hence I have to DPS and tank (which a CC ship should actually do)

Quote:
you're a serious person.
not rly, I just know the right ppl