View Single Post
Commander
# 9
01-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
i do not like the waiting part of the entire Reputation System, if it is a grind, then LET ME GRIND!
I definitely agree on this; while I'm not so bothered by daily quests personally it's a bit annoying that I can just focus on gaining a tier on a weekend when I have the time to play. It essentially forces me on during the week as well, not such a problem this time of year, but this is more annoying than anything else. I know the devs may want to encourage people to come on every day, but I don't think having people logging in long enough to hurl a bunch of commodities and consumables at new romulus and task force omega is the way to do it.

I'd much rather be able to get more out of my time online at the weekends, rather than the game feeling like it's becoming a chore; it is, after all, supposed to be a game

Quote:
buying stacks of 20 is annoying LIKE HELL
Agreed; for fleet projects I don't mind so much as it's characterful to have different requirements for the projects, and since you're unlikely to come along with everything required for a fleet project in one go it's not such a big deal. One of reputation projects (unlocks etc.) are fine as well. But for the repeating projects, I'd rather just have a list announcing X marks, X expertise and X energy credits and a big button that hands that over. There's no reason whatsoever to do these projects piecemeal, unlike the fleet projects which have much higher requirements.

Quote:
ii do not like that there are unlocks for items in a shop, that only means i have to pay twice for the same item
Absolutely agreed; the store unlocks should be automatic when you tier up, or at the very least be for large categories (i.e - anti-borg weaponry). The wiki doesn't have all the info on store unlocks yet, so I won't be getting any of them personally. I was fine with requisitioning the last of the borg sets I needed, but I don't like the idea of store unlocks; an always accessible faction specific store, sure, I like that idea, but I have to unlock each thing?

Quote:
ii do not like that the Shop Unlocks are inside the same category as the XP projects, there is a upgrade slot that is not used 99% of the time, let me slot the shop upgrade projects in the upgrade slot! then i can unlock stuff while i wait for XP projects to finish.
Agreed again; I've already slowed the daily projects inadvertently by opening a requisition project too soon (thinking I had enough marks). It also clutters the interface when there's easily room to have three or four slots for running miscellaneous projects (in addition to the two daily ones); they could then be categorised which would tidy up the interface immensely.

My main gripe is that the borg engines, shields and deflector set is now only available at Mk X unless I've made a huge mistake somewhere. For the sets that are available at higher levels I don't like that they're implemented as separate entries; I'd personally rather temporary projects show up to upgrade each item I currently have. So for example if I have the borg shields Mk X, then an upgrade project would become available that upon completion will upgrade my shields to Mk XI, then another to upgrade from Mk XI to Mk XII maybe?