View Single Post
Career Officer
# 34
01-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxgamer View Post
So If I were just a better pilot I could solo that jem hadar ship in my tier 5 instead of needing two or three others to assist me? I've only ever killed one of these solo in Kerrat and it required total surprise, and was aided by the fact he/she had taken 1/3rd damage already and not healed up, lol.

I was very competitive before the introduction of the shinies, both ground and space pvp. Ceteris Parabus i'm like 60-65 on a 1-100. I know my place and I'm cool with it. That 15 to 20% you mention is a big deal I believe, especially against a premade team.

I didn't really mean to start a thread to argue with the PvP folks. I just want integration with PvE players via an in-your-face event or two, and more options for people like myself that would PvP daily if some changes were made.

If the consensus is I'm a whiner or naive or am asking for things you don't really want, such as disabling a group from queuing together so they can effectively abuse newer folks, don't post anymore and the thread will quietly drop off the page.

I feel you brush me aside from the vantage point of somebody that is near the top of the pack. Think about the barriers for the rest of us. If you're a 3 to 1 favorite in base level gear, then you get a nice ship and top of the line items on it... that's too big a divide for me. If you're organized on a team of like players, why the hell should I even queue? Might as well afk, or in my case go PvE some more.

Here's a question for ya: Which one of you elite pvp fleets would take me in if I told you I fly a tier five ship in mk xi gear and that's the best I'll ever use?
I JUST got my MK XI deflector to finish my set a couple days ago. And I do have a Fleet Norgh now. Does that count? It's purty. But all of 2012 was spent in a Heavy BoP with MK X and XI items off of the exchnage and my MAD SEXY MK X KHG set. You can do fine with a BoP I guess is what I'm saying. I don't know what I'm saying. None of the cool kids want me either.

Cheers and happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.