View Single Post
Career Officer
# 7
01-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Based on my experiments, time and valid pathing between the player and the objectives are both required components the system checks for, and the only ones required. Plus some number of playthroughs, but that is only to determine the average playthrough time.

If valid pathing is the only issue, removing whatever obstructs the path between player and objective instantly validates the mission. This is why a mission like the infamous Feds on Fire does not completely block the path between the player and the enemy NPC kill objectives. Recreating it with fully blocking invisible or visible walls between the player and the NPCs invalidates it.

I agree that publisher playthroughs post-publish will hurt your average, and since this is the only way to test some aspects of your mission - like pathing (or else NPCs drop through or despawn) - it would be nice to get a pre-publish function where we are able to test privately without the mission counting for anything, without loot drops, and without pre-publish runs counting against the average.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 01-04-2013 at 07:38 AM.