View Single Post
Career Officer
# 28
01-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Bold is mine. This reads like a burned out player after spending marathon sessions to get stuff for all the characters on an account.
Hmm... I can see how you might think that, but no - compared with others I'm a rank amateur - I only have three characters (1 x Fed, 2 x KDF) and they're all reached Tier 5 in the Rep system and my KDF Sci gets her Breen ship tomorrow.

Whilst I admit, I burned through the Rep system pretty quickly (and suffered the Patrol missions in Tau Dewa on a daily basis), the reasoning was pretty simple - all my characters have had so little new to do for so long now that the Rep system finally offered a few new shinies worth investing some time in.

I could've stretched it out and taken my time with it but honestly, all I would've been doing in the interim is playing the same old STFs with the same old ships and gear.

Now I've got the Adapted ground + space sets (mainly for the armor visuals although I do actually use the Adapted KHG on my Sci's Peghqu') as well as the Omega Torp and Kinetic Cutting Beam, some new Romulan [Acc]x2 DHCs and Turrets for my Kar'fi and the Hyper-Plasma torpedo launcher.

I've also bought some of the Borg prosthetic stuff for my Boffs (since I couldn't be bother to aquire it from Defera *shudder*) a Romulan rifle and a few other bits and pieces. The thing is, even with all these new(ish) toys, I'm still stuck playing the same STFs (much though I've enjoyed them in Seasons 6 and 7).

So really, there's nothing left for me to do now - I could grind yet more Dilithium for yet more weapons for yet another ship (Chel Grett) but without any engaging new content to use all this stuff in, it all seems a bit pointless.

I guess if the Reputation system actually equipped you for future challenges (STFs/missions/whatever) that were unlocked along the way then there'd feel like there's a point to it - but by the time you unlock the Mk XII gear you've already played the sparse new content through so many times that it all seems rather pointless.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012