View Single Post
Captain
# 45
01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
everyone of those ship types you mentioned has at least 1 that can use DHCs too. with the beam array dps buff, the single canon buff is pretty tame really. it takes more then just the front loaded style to be effective. lots of buff stacking, positioning, and timing are required for them to be effective. or else its getting hit with any other type of damage.
Yes, but the 45 degree arc limit of DHCs takes much more effort to bring them to a target and then quickly switch to another target for many of those ship types. 180 arc makes it much easier to bounce around w/o having to adjust a ship's vector in a timely manner. It also makes it more difficult to fly defensively to avoid the forward arc.

I could see where 3 ships using the single cannons w/tet glider and or Dem/Plasma procs and CVS would be too much pressure dps for ships not designed w/that kind of pressure dps in mind. Though tbh I'm still not exactly certain of the mechanics behind CVS w/single cannons since I rarely use them. I have this concern as things are now w/o the front loading.

Imo, Sci ships shouldn't be capable of that kind of pressure dps, that should be for cruisers. Sci pressure dps should come from torps and debuffs imo. Perhaps w/Beams after a long time of Sci ship damage passive build up.