View Single Post
Captain
# 57
01-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
real life:

-when you are new at something, expect to suck at it.

-since when did everyone you know involved in something you relayed on actually do a good job at it?

-so, you are gonna win a drag race in your pimped out for fiesta vs that mustang.....????

-yeah, i called out of work today "sick"....winning!

-life gets easier all the time.... said no person, ever.

okay i'm done....

but really, you have had to be somewhat blind to NOT notice that gear wasn't becoming more of an impact on PVP than it was 2 years ago. i long for the days of pure piloting winning no matter what.....but then i got to thinking....this would be one of the first games that that would actually exist in, if it could.....and then i remembered who develops the game and their reputation.....

so i started grinding for the best gear available......

and...well, at least i can keep up with 1 toon.

i love trek, i love gaming, i love all of you. and dammit we will have fun and kill bad guys together if i have anything to do with it. (which seems like little to no impact, but in the past week i've coached 2 "f pvp this is bs" zone ragers into 2 players that actually now have an interest in continuing having fun with us)

-thrusters on full-
Power creep isn't about experience, it's about never being able to catch up for those who come in late or take a break and are left behind. This isn't about life is easy or hard, this is peoples' entertainment. People aren't going to want to play much less spend $ on something they'll never catch up on. Power creep 1st started w/the old C-Store, now sadly it's worse w/all the more imbalances and time gated means of aquiring things.

The car analogy doesn't work. A more appropriate analogy would be to ask a Formula 1 driver in a Yugo to beat another Formula 1 driver in a top of the line car.

Again, this started w/people being dismissive regarding the impact gear et al now has on PvP. It's not the 20% or less, it's potentionally much more. How much fun do you think it is to play against placate passives, snb doffs, et al?

People can't expect new players to think gear doesn't matter, then get confused for being scolded for using x, y, and z.

This discussion reminds me of when C-Store ships came out and people tried to claim the C-Store ships weren't really any better than the other options.