View Single Post
Captain
# 171
01-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
The Intel logo refers to CPUs, not GPUs.

This tends to be the trend among a lot of players I regularly play with. Lowering their settings to the absolute minimum in some cases still fails to prevent the game from crashing for them. A lot of these issues came with Season 7 so blaming the game when a particular point introduces a crapload of bugs that were reported on the test server means, the Dev's aren't doing their jobs!
its interesting to look at the relationship between default OEM settings and the in-game visual tools or options.. as with other products some commands being misinterpreted and confusing my card using the ubiquitous MS family of OS.

the poster above me had an interesting work around or by chance event.. i really stay away from windowed most of the time as i like nothing else in view on my screen

so i always select full screen.. i Beta tested Cryptic II with a ATI and old PCI not an pc express slotted Nvidia w 750 more MB of me on the card. and exactly the same RAM
on a Tower not laptop. always a slotted not on-board chip vid.. but i was stuck with a on board audio chip.. still never had the audio troubles just vid and lag.

my ping to the accounts server has been decent and i don't use the proxy so i get packets returned in acceptable ranges for on-line gaming over other apps or simple browsing with low graphic requirements. and not 3d CAD design.
its been difficult to localize many bugs for a repeatable in test lab QA as the Cryptic TEst beds.. not everyday PC non game design work site quality stuff here you see.

I wish it was a simple switch.. when Champions on-line was in DEV they had a Hyper Thread CPU option that dint work right and was removed from the options menu.. so no IBM tweak patch came about. Im use to Game Betas were Hardware vendors played and liked the product and would customize their OEM from factory with MAcros and optimizers
i'm just spoiled that way.

Anecdotal maybe.. i'm trying to brainstorm and throw pasta at the fridge Doro until something sticks some common thread pops in to add data to the bug hunt.. the Cryptic error report used to crash at mini dump or red error out and a full dump was sent.. many times this process prevented the pc from doing much else spit was a hardship. i tried to send every report i could to add data so they could use their diagnostics debugging tools to figure out what in the build was not setting right.. or playing nice. .but with so many diverse machine combos and things

its maybe time for the CSR to have a what do you play with poll or questionnaire so they can get a cross section demographic to target for the Engine to benchmark to serve a wider range of customers?
This is like sETI@home the QA is nice but only have so many people and so much time..
we're force verifyign again as we write hoping to see STO as we once did again. and have us some fun..
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts

Last edited by senshibat01; 01-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.