View Single Post
Commander
# 10
01-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
You do realise Cryptic sell character slots, right? If you want more than one role/setup to choose from, you buy a new character. Cryptic aren't going to do anything to change that revenue stream any time soon.
So sell dual-build profiles as well, problem solved
Personally I'd definitely prefer this, as I'm not really interested at all in creating a new federation character as I never enjoyed the storyline missions enough for them to be more than a means to an end, and I don't want to go through hundreds of hours of grinding just to get to where I am already. This is why I was happy to see that since the last time I'd been on I had received a free respec due to some change or other, as it meant I could re-focus my skills for a new style of ship.

Cryptic could easily just combine this feature with respec points (ignoring free ones); basically you're paying either to get a new profile, or to respec an existing one.

I remember reading something somewhere about the possible future ability to play as one of your bridge officers as a character in their own right; this could be an interesting way of handling different skill profiles if they could each have a set of player skills (once you switch to them).