View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 57
01-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
I think you need to watch my Death To Carrier Spam vid if you think Faw is only marginal at clearing spam, also yesterday I dealt with a Premade that had like 3 ships with that lol plas torp, mines, and a carrier spamming. And their total impact on the match was nigh on zero because of Double Faw spamming and warp plasma all tac buffed.

Also, I can still do solid damage with faw isn't up. When I don't use FAW I typically have Overloads 2 and 3, or Delta 1 and BO3. And the ship is still good enough to help take an enemy premade and take it to pieces.

People expect 'zomg insta pop'' with weapons because of DHCs. But that's not how beams work. There's a large host of factors that play with single beams. One of them being the fact that frankly unless you have 8 of them you aren't doing good pressure damage, unless your 8th weapon is a tric mine maybe.
oh i know all about carrier shutdown, get a certain satisfaction keeping them covered in plasma as often as possible. the problem with beam pressure in an arena setting is that even at its best, a TSS, or an ES, are a fresh cycle of EPtS can largely wash away its effect. only someone alone and unsupported for several minutes will feel the burn of unending pressure. and for that singles hurt harder, even a 3rd harder. CSV is proboly better then faw for clearing spam if you do a little focusing.

right now, 1 beam for and aft and the rest singles and turrets is being surprisingly effective with a CRF and BO3 on my fleet excelsior. superior pressure, enough to drop shield facings, and a nice 6-22k BO to the hull is a perfect mix of all beams ability to spike a bit, and single cannon's better pressure.

did you get a fleet excel? its a bargain if you already got the normal one from the c store. better shields and hulll and a 4th tac console. very nice.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus