View Single Post
Commander
# 33
01-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is considered working as designed for the time being.

The purpose of the Romulan Space Set is that it is a valid option to be considered in lieu of obtaining the Reman Space Set. It offers a stat variation that some captains may prefer over the Reman Set, and a different ship overlay visual with the Shield.

They have the same set bonuses, the same costs in the Reputation System and the same tier requirements.

Again, it's an optional variation of the existing set. Not intended to be an upgrade.

Of course... saying this doesn't preclude the set from being reviewed, tuned and changed in the future.
We're not looking for upgrades, we're looking for usefulness. Everything else in the game that has set bonuses is an upgrade to reman/romulan.

At the end of the day I understand you're going to do what you want, and if you want to go the "get it? romulan/reman are buddies so their sets are similar" path then so be it. I'll accept it. But I don't have to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
They give a speed bonus to plasma torpedoes, so they are good for torpedo ships based on plasma torpedos
The bonus is about 1 second faster at 10 KM which takes about 1 second per km for a HY energy bolt to reach it's target. It's not much of a bonus. I would only consider using this set for such a reason if the speed was increased considerably, and even then I'd be hard pressed to use it over adapted or omega or maco or Jem. Frankly the 2 piece bonus should be switched to 30% plasma torp damage. That would actually be useful. That would probably make me happy with the romulan set despite being nearly identical to reman, because that's just how useless increasing your plasma torp speed really is.

Maybe it's considerably faster with mkxii versions, but it's slow as dirt with mkxi blue. Still, I doubt I'll be using these sets over everything else out there. I would love a reason to use reman/romulan. I'll even purchase them. No doubt about it or else I wasted my time getting to tier V. But they'll just sit around collecting dust, so I guess I wasted my time getting to tier V anyways.