View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 129
01-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
I'm sorry in your opinion the RNG system was 'bad' because you didn't get what you wanted. However if you HAD completed your sets, your opinion could easily be swayed the other direction. Comparing getting a paycheck which you are guaranteed as long as you work the allotted number of hours to a GAME for which there is NO guarantee that you will receive ANYTHING within ANY period of time within the realm of RNG is moot and does not apply.

You are still grinding, it's just right in front of you now and you have a timer telling you how long your grind is going to be. If you prefer to have everything predictable, then more power to you. There is NO motivation behind what Cryptic did to the Rep system and nerfing STF drops for Omega gear other than the potential of getting longevity out of the content, and more revenue out of you since now you have to PAY for what used to be achieved for FREE with only a time investment. That **** costs DIL now, EC, boring grindy content to get tons of 'marks' and thats just to 'unlock' the ABILITY to buy these things with MORE DIL. Again, if you prefer the easy way of just paying and watching the clock to be rewarded with another timer to collect the reward(confused yet?) and that gives you a sense of accomplishment, then I feel sorry for you. RNG isn't 'great' but it provides a level of achievement, excitement, and dedication that is impossible to feel using the Rep system in my opinion.
The old system was crappy even when I got my set I did not feel joy, just never did STFs ever again and would never wish to go back, and with the new system I have not yet to spend real money unlocking anything, and feel joy that I know when I will get my stuff.