View Single Post
Career Officer
# 130
01-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
I'm sorry in your opinion the RNG system was 'bad' because you didn't get what you wanted. However if you HAD completed your sets, your opinion could easily be swayed the other direction.
Actually, no it wouldn't. I can say that since my feelings are the same, having been lucky enough to get a full set of gear while playing SWTOR. All it did was serve to agrivate, since nothing skill wise matter, all I had to do was get lucky (hell, in this game pre-S7 you could sit back, do nothing, and just hope you get something). At least with the Rep system I have to put in some actual work.

Quote:
Comparing getting a paycheck which you are guaranteed as long as you work the allotted number of hours to a GAME for which there is NO guarantee that you will receive ANYTHING within ANY period of time within the realm of RNG is moot and does not apply.
You missed the point. The quote doesn't make a comparison, it is a what-if; what-if the dev's paycheck depended on RNG, how would they feel? Same principle. You work at something only to have some arbitrary RNG say "not your turn" while someone who did didly gets a good roll.

Quote:
You are still grinding, it's just right in front of you now and you have a timer telling you how long your grind is going to be.
I already acknowledged that.

Quote:
If you prefer to have everything predictable, then more power to you. There is NO motivation behind what Cryptic did to the Rep system and nerfing STF drops for Omega gear other than the potential of getting longevity out of the content, and more revenue out of you since now you have to PAY for what used to be achieved for FREE with only a time investment. That **** costs DIL now, EC, boring grindy content to get tons of 'marks' and thats just to 'unlock' the ABILITY to buy these things with MORE DIL..
Well, the previous system was also a time investment so you have no point there. And, I also acknowledged the rather exorbatant costs involved.

Quote:
Again, if you prefer the easy way of just paying and watching the clock to be rewarded with another timer to collect the reward(confused yet?) and that gives you a sense of accomplishment, then I feel sorry for you.
Well, for those of us with lives, I think being able to put a little something in when I can is a good system, rather than continue to do something in the hopes that I might get a chance at getting. At least now, I can see what I am working for.

Quote:
RNG isn't 'great' but it provides a level of achievement, excitement, and dedication that is impossible to feel using the Rep system in my opinion.
Getting lucky is no achievement.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS

Last edited by lordagamemnonb5; 01-06-2013 at 07:19 PM.