View Single Post
Captain
# 24
01-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I think they most likely balanced it around what endgame NPCs can do.

What you, and others, see as an issue the Devs most likely specifically did on purpose to ensure that most players had easy access to broad categories of useful powers that buff several useful (and in some cases universal, such as with Starship Weapons Training) abilities/functions.

This gives an average baseline for performance, and its not until the upper tier skills that you spend heavier for specialization.

I don't think the system is perfect, and I don't understand why some skills are so expensive in comparison to others (Why is PI T2 when ID is T4? Why is Flow Caps T1, but Graviton is T3?) but I'm guessing that's the reason skills like Flow Caps, Shield Emitters, Weapons Training, etc were placed towards T1.
How many times do you see end game NPCs even use Sci Boff based powers that are resistable, much less effectively? Power insulators is a T2 it doesn't take much to invest 6 and use a deflector or console to get to 99+ points if needed.

Not sure why you brought up weapons I was refering to Sci Skill Tree.

Off the top of my head Flow Caps boosts Tet proc, Tet Glider Proc, Polaron Proc, Tach Beam, Energy Siphon, Plas Leech, CPB basically nearly all power and shield drains. Generally things w/no hard counters. It should be T4 for all it does. You seem to agree w/this why defend the status quo?