View Single Post
Commander
# 16
01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
Well, let me clarify: if they were going to make the Fleet Varanus a more toothy version of the regular Varanus, they should have gone with better tac bo, not tac console. I mean, wooo, my few weapons do a little more damage? Meh.

As for copies, Varanus is a near-perfect replica of the DSSV. Just with worse shields. (which cheeses me off, big time)

Fleet DSSV comes with 5 science consoles. Which makes way more sense.

Again, if they were going to say 'well, the Fleet Varanus is going to follow the general KDF impulse toward warmaking,' fine, but an extra tac console is really silly.
I couldn't agree more; it just feels like the whole thing was an afterthought, and they obviously didn't read the forums, since several of us made threads/replied to threads asking for a Varanus with an extra tac power (be it conversion of the ensign eng to ensign tac, or adding that power to the lt. tac to make it a lt. com).

I appreciate that Cryptic finally gave us a fleet version, of course; unfortunately, it doesn't do anything the original can't do, which means I'm not going to spend money to get one. If anything, it's actually the same as the standard, from my perspective; my Varanus doesn't need to use a console slot for its repair drone ability...it's just an innate power. If I buy the fleet one, I'll have to use a console for that ability...which negates the extra console on the fleet version, lol.