View Single Post
Captain
# 12
01-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
EDIT: I kinda agree with centersolace. Risa may be better suited for a "Summer Event" adventure zone, which -could- be accessable to both Factions. Although Risa is historically a Federation planet, there are times when Klingons have been given shore-leave access to Federation facilities. Most notably, Deep Space K-7 (Trouble with Tribbles), and Deep Space Nine (multiple times).
I see no reason most of the activities on Risa couldn't be available all year round, I just think that the costumes would be more suited to a summer event like the winter coats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedguy View Post
I like the idea of mini games at Risa, but I dont think it should be done in any sort of conspiracy or story esque way. Instead, I think it would better to just have players take leave at Risa, where they could do various mini games for relaxation.
Why not? Star Trek had those kinds of episodes all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedguy View Post
Another idea to get more people to hang out at Risa is to have random drops of goodies appear in hidden areas. It would be pretty awesome if, for instance, you could go "swimming" at Risa and discover some dilithium treasure or some unique type of thing. I am not sure if this could feasibly be programmed though. Also, you could have mini diplomacy missions, where you can encounter randomly placed NPC vacationers who you strike up a conversation with and then do something positive for.
Yes this would be very nice... Cryptic has repeatedly said that swimming tech is very hard for the game engine, but if they did it, we would never regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Given the low cut bare belly coats for winter the summer outfit should be full length victorian swimwear
YES!!! BLOOMERS AHOY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014