View Single Post
Captain
# 20
01-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Store things:

- A minimum of a half dozen KDF uniform costume options. And some boots, for the love of Pete.

- Off duty clothing. I am totally baffled by the lack of options here... you guys could be making a lot on silly things here. MMO players will fork over a ton for goofy, non-functional stuff. We don't know why. We just do. There should really be like a billion options here for people to buy. Star Trek is full of genuinely insane clothing, you barely have to invent anything in-house. I don't get it.

- Related to the above... NX-01 baseball cap please.

- Extra DOFF assignment slots would seem a pretty logical sale to try.

- Buying a 1K limit upgrade on Dilithium refining. You could cap it at 4 buys total, bringing the cap up to 12K from 8. If you make more money off it, why not? This doesn't feel unreasonable.

- I wouldn't mind seeing some ship (or ground too, I guess... lol) equipment options here. Some sorts of rare universal consoles, or super ship weapons/shields you pay Zen for. Would have to be done carefully not to totally imbalance the game, but there seems like some potential here.

Things that will probably wind up in a store, but should be free:

- Klingon hairstyle pack. I will be totally unsurprised when they ask Zen for it.

- A "ship uniform" slot so walking around your ship you actually have standardized uniforms. Could be easy to set up a male and a female option (IE "do I want my women to wear a TOS-style miniskirt, or actually give them pants, shock horror). Shouldn't be hard getting the game to spawn the right colors to the right department once you design them.

- TOS styled Klingons as a playable race.

Not related to either of the above, but general feature upgrades I'd like to see:

- If we're going to insist on having stupid lockboxes everywhere (and they are utterly awful, but I acknowledge you are probably doing good business on keys), then put in a Xindi Lockbox with a Xindi Aquatic Carrier ship at some point. And I want it to let out the big cloud of water when it explodes too. That would be awesome. I realize I'm probably the only person that really, really wants this ship... but I do. ST: Enterprise had some groovy alien ships going on.

- Anything that actually gives people a good reason to own a small craft/shuttle. They are nearly completely useless slot fillers.

- Something that actually puts the massive overkill number of BOFF in the game to use. Anything.

- Some sort of mission options that spawn from a Fleet Starbase or Embassy, so players have more motivation to actually visit one for a reason other than purchasing fleet gear. Maybe a special Starbase-specific PvE queue or something.

- Some added incentive to actually walk around the inside of your ship once in a while. Again, a specific mission queue would make sense. You can basically access the DOFF stuff from a menu already, so there's not a lot of point to walking around the ship currently.

- Game needs another group of novelty items to piss away Gold Pressed Latinum on.

I mean this all as constructive criticism. It's a fine game, I just feel it can be even more than it is already. :-)

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 01-07-2013 at 05:22 PM.