View Single Post
Captain
# 8
01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
For Episode 41...
  • Yes, that's how most of us play. Although I like to keep my torpedos off autofire so I can manually control when they fire.
  • Take that extra time you have to use your bridge officer abilities, like high yield torpedoes and stuff!
  • Disabling astrometrics got rid of the grid under you in sector space, and the various markings around planets and stars, as well as changing how some of them animate.
  • Don't forget you can use Evasive Maneuvers to turn faster, even when not in combat.
  • You're not ALWAYS the closest ship. There many times you're not. You just don't hear about it because it's not your ship that gets hailed in those cases!
  • You can setup autofire on the ground, but you first have to enable it in the options. It's not as big a deal for ground combat though. I usually don't use autofire in ground.
  • The two ground modes are typically referred to as Shooter mode and RPG mode.
  • I like putting things such as shield and medical generators behind cover shields, so that the enemies can't shoot them.
  • A shield generator isn't a protective shield. It means being in it will help recharge your personal shields faster.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----

Last edited by tangolight; 01-11-2013 at 08:51 PM.