View Single Post
Captain
# 92
01-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
look at the borg drone baby
BORN with implants
That is not correct. Borg do not procreate, they assimilate. The infant discovered by Enterprise-D personnel was not a newborn from shipboard drones, but a child which was being artificially matured in a maturation chamber until it would be a more efficient mass. As for the implants, the assimilation process utilizes internal replication to create primary implants which then break through the skin.

Quote:
nothing to do with General order 24
you Cleanse and sterlise infection sites (infection control)
If you mean the planet where Chakotay was partially assimilated, then that would involve wiping out an entire colony to take out a handful of de-assimilated people who were no harm or threat to others. It would indeed be considered under the aegis of GO24, but an unjustified example, so yeah, given your other historical comments along those lines, I think they would indeed classify you Section 8... But as promised, there will be weekly kal-toh matches

Quote:
impossible to tell
Very crucial distinction. If she was ever having her motor functions 'externally controlled' by the collective at any time, then Seven would not be personally responsible for any actions her body may be undertaking...

Quote:
But I mean Drones WEARING it to protect them from us
Ahh...

Quote:
actually ANY human can

the golden rule is on assimilation repeat the phrase "I am the Borg We ARE Human"
I don't think that any Human would be able to resist the assimilation process... While I think an immortal's regenerative abilities might initially delay the process, I think that once the nanoprobes adapt, they would use that same process to significantly increase the process...

Quote:
i can not be assimilated (im diabetic)
How would diabetes prevent you from being assimilated?

Quote:
many species also can't be for various reasons
Many? The only species I know of which is able to biologically resist assimilation, is the Undine. Which other species are there?

Quote:
fire arrows , throw grenades , unleash Ebola
Ebola wouldn't be much good, as the drone's implants would maintain their biological systems and hold the disease in stasis. Other than that, yes, arrows, grenades etc would be my solutions, as mentioned, I would not want to get anywhere within reaching distance of a drone, armed or otherwise...

Quote:
and it still killed them
Of course it did. There were only two drones, so no time for the damage information to be processed and adapted to. I'm curious to know if that would be the case in an extended conflict.

Quote:
Weapons
the average modern human is Armed
the average modern american owns a gun for example
Yes. No reason for them to be unclothed though...

Quote:
their shields do not work that way (and if they did we have people who could still kill them)
Admittedly, the Holtzman shields do have the flaw of being susceptible to slow-moving objects which I don't believe Starfleet deflectors or Borg shields have, but I was referring more to the idea of if drones shields could be permanantly activated in the face of troops with projectile rifles, rather than them simply being reactive, as they seem to be against particle weapons...

Quote:
I said a Modern human

(stronger and faster than a trek human)remember humanity has degenerated in the last few centuries
TOS humans were stronger than TNG humans and Enterprise humans stronger still
We in the 21st century could beat the hell out of a drone

our environment is much tougher
we have stronger immune systems
we are infact Physically superior in most respects
I disagree that humanity has degenerated, and disagree that contemporary Humans are physically superior to Trek era Humans. Advances in medical technology, improvements in lifestyle mean that people live longer than before, so can see no reason why that would decrease with the passage of time. Exposure to alien illnesses would increase the range of a persons' immune system.

Quote:
A drone is slow
Correction. Drones are shown to be slow when they have no reason to move quickly... As mentioned, Seven moved faster than Tuvok, out-thought him in terms of tactics, and was able to physically over-power him. If Vulcans have been described as having three times the strength of a Human, then Seven is clearly considerably stronger. When the crew of the Enterprise-E were fighting the drones, one crew member was brushed aside with no effort at all.