View Single Post
Captain
# 96
01-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
refering to the one in voyager when Seven brings additional borg aboard and janeway once again declines to use terminal force
Same difference, it was still an assimilated child in a maturation chamber (possibly even surgically removed from its pregnant mother) not an infant conceived between drones.

As for 'bringing additional Borg aboard', as previously mentioned, disconnected drones should be classified as injured friendlies, not hostiles... Seven made no attempt to link any of the Borg children into a Voyager-based collective, so your argument is nonsensical.

Quote:
everyone down there was borg
they were being re-assimilated
Were they?

Quote:
its not termination of a civilisation OR an attack on a living ecosystem
its like burning a viral sample
As before, disconnected drones should be classified as injured friendlies and treated accordingly.

Quote:
as there is no "she" the drone is always acting as a drone
The Human personality had re-asserted itself, albeit being filtered though a neurologically restructured brain... As I mentioned before, if a remote control car gets its aerial snapped off, it can no longer be controlled remotely. The Doctor removed over 80% of the Borg hardware, and Chakotay's little trick at the end of Scorpion fried her 'aerial'... I doubt the collective (or the Borg Queen) was even capable of controlling her actions.

Quote:
According to some (soft canon) sources the Borg Avoid telepathic species and hive minds precisely because a stronger will can over ride the Collective to some degree
This is why species like the Chitik (insectoid hive mind) and the Binars (electronic communal mind) are not targets for assimilation
Interesting

Quote:
The Borg seek Perfection
id be treated as "unfit for assimilation"
the nanites simply would not bother
The assimilation process would be able to compensate...

Quote:
actually ebola would EAT the drone (no immune system)
They don't need an immune system. The implants maintain their biological systems...

Quote:
their ability to adapt is not sufficient in small numbers (if the local collective is small enough they adapt slower)
Same situation as when the Enterprise-D came into contact with the Cube at Q's pranking... The first few drones were overcome by phaser fire, others were then adapted to them. That is what I was meaning.

Quote:
My daily clothing includes steel toe capped boots (a weapon) a belt with a buckle (a weapon) and thick heavy gloves (allowing me to rip out implants and mess the up)
Hmmm... While you're trying to fist-fight a drone, those assimilation talons will be doing quite a number on you... As I said, I wouldn't want one any closer than a naginata to me...

Quote:
Then we use a reverse polarity surge (with thanks to Data for that) and implode the shield

Quote:
exactly

A Healthy person in the middle ages was tougher than his 19th century counter part
Each generation medical ability improves and the gene pool weakens slightly
people who would not have lived to breed (like me and my brother diabetics) now do
each new generation will have more people who only exist because of medical advances
Hmmm..

Quote:
examine the situation when 20th century men encounter TOS officers (they bounce them off the walls)
Plot necessity...

Quote:
seven as I said has "bimbo powers" if seven had been 13 stone 50 years old and covered in implant scars she would have been slow
I don't remember seeing any 13 stone drones...

Quote:
And a drone was also killed with a punch
From whom? I remember Data snapping a drone's neck, and Worf pistol-whipping another with his phaser rifle... Can't remember any drones being killed with a punch though...