Thread: Hrmmmm...
View Single Post
Captain
# 3
01-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
You don't need to have a target selected to be firing on someone. It's an option you can select.
But that's the blippers, no? Where things like auto-attacks will continue even without a target?

Quote:
If you don't rearrange your hud to move target of target away from your selected target then your targets targets occludes your targets buffs and debuffs.

If you've moved your HUD around so that you have some seperation between your target and targets target and you STILL don't see buffs, etc, something else may be the culprit.
They weren't displaying enough buffs/debuffs for it to disappear under the ToT.

Quote:
And honest sometimes I get debuffed by something sticky (eww) right before I buy it, and really it isn't till I review the film in slow motion that I see what I missed in real time.
Usually there's enough time with things like that to do the NASCAR LTO thing while looking at buffs/debuffs and even popping open the ship window to see that the turn's gone to crap. With most debuffs/strips/etc - there's usually that "oh s..." moment as you pop. I mainly run my Engs in tanky ships. There's no way I would have noticed any of this on my Sci or Tac...when they pop, they - yep, they've already popped - lol.

Quote:
So get fraps. Have a ball and put your mind at ease my friend.
It mainly came up because of some discussions about visual issues that different folks have had. It's like the cursor thing - the way people have been talking about that, it seems like it's happening to them all sorts of ways. I only get that from the temporal stuff or from running Boldly They Rode. The invisitorp, invisible theta/EWP, etc, etc, etc - the particle insanity taking place with all the stuff we can spam on the screen.

Again, it's not a case of accusing anybody of anything - was just one of those hrmmm things - that I could have probably done better with the thread title. If not for a discussion last night/this morning in OPvP about visual glitches I wouldn't have made the post. Was just wondering if anybody else had experienced anything like that.