View Single Post
Career Officer
# 37
01-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
I just checked my Varanus; it still has the ability without any console. I re-claimed it on another character, and THAT one has the console...so it's definitely a grandfathered thing.
Thanks for clearing that up.
That makes it clear, my information is out of date.
I'm sorry about that mess I caused.
Didn't Cryptic say when they converted the ships with the innate ability to the console user version that this was supposed to be automatic with a console appearing in the player's inventory?
That's why I assumed the Varanus was supposed to work like this in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
So, no...we're not asking for something like what the Feds have PLUS drones...we're just asking for something like what the Feds have.

We don't have a 4-tac console science ship, we don't have a Lt. Com Tac officer science ship, and we don't have a 5-console science ship (I don't count the carrier, since it can't turn)...the Feds do, and I don't hear anyone crying about those.

I maintain that the KDF should NOT have to turn to lockbox ships in order to fly a science ship that is effective in the real world...and the real world requires at least a little DPS, regardless of your role. This ship needs one more tactical power to be truly effective...not OP, not broken, not imbalanced, just...effective. I don't think that's much to ask when the Feds already have it all.
With that "new" (at least to me) information I have to say there's an entirely different gripe I now have with the Varanus, T5 and Fleet: the shield mod.
Previously it made sense to me that it had less shields thanks to the drones.
Now it doesn't in the least.