View Single Post
Commander
# 208
01-10-2013, 09:31 AM
I gonna be honest, I think there may be something severely wrong with your build. The Chel totally owns PVE compared to many other ships out there. With the default equipment and BOff setup basically copy/pasted from my defiant-R (with some minor changes) this thing owned regular STFs and elite missions. Once I customized the thing and added some -Th consoles it pwnd in Elites with in almost complete *yawn*-press-hotkeys-and-spam-spacebar-steamroll-enemies mode.

I'm just using polarized disruptor XI [acc]x2 DHCs with wide angle Qtorp in front and [Acc]x2 disruptor turrets + kinetic beam aft. Aegis set cuz I'm lazy and don't want to steal the gear off my Defiant-R, 4x disruptor consoles in tac, 1 RCS rare XII, 1x Neutronium rare XI 1x Borg in eng, and 3 Romulan -Th science consoles (1 Hull heal, 1 Shield heal, and 1 plasma proc, all Shield emitter) MK XI.

CMDR Tac: TT1, CSV1, TS3, CRF3
Lt Tac: TT1, APB1
Lt. Eng: EPtS1, Aux2SIF
Lt. Cmdr Sci: Polarize Hull, HE2, TSS3
Ens. Uni: EPtW1

Devices are 1x of the damage resist thing, large weapons batteries, and deuterium surplus.

The triple weapon procs are, frankly, awesome. 11k shields, and TSS3 heals for a crapton with all the +Shield Emitters, 48k hull, the Romulan Procs keep just about everything full unless I'm tanking a gateway in elites.

This thing shreds, and I mean shreds Spheres and Probes (but then, anything shreds Probes). It can tank tac cubes, gateways, and most anything else without much effort (gateways do occasionally pull some crazy 2-hit-kills, but w/e, they do that on almost every ship).

All in all, it rocks. Maybe adjust your setup and try again?